Answered By: Fondren Research Services Last Updated: Sep 10, 2020 Views: 90
Answered By: Fondren Research Services
Last Updated: Sep 10, 2020 Views: 90
Course reserve service for physical items is not available, due to the short loan periods and related safety concerns. There are several options for getting materials for your classes:
Items in the Library
- To get a digital copy of a physical item in the SMU Libraries, such as a print article or book chapter, submit a request form. Requests must qualify for a Fair Use or Teach Act exemption under copyright law. For more information, see Copyright Support.
- To reserve a DVD for use in the classroom, submit a reservation form.
Items the Library Doesn't Own
- Request new books by submitting a Purchase Request form. Library staff will try to acquire an e-book version.
- For new streaming film and media requests, submit a Purchase Request form. Please note that the Libraries are unable to purchase films that are available exclusively on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
- If an article is not available through the Libraries, please contact the SMU Bookstore to create a course pack. Articles obtained through Interlibrary Loan are for personal use and cannot be shared in your courses.