Answered By: Fondren Research Services Last Updated: Feb 21, 2019 Views: 124
SMU students, faculty, and staff can request to have books pulled and ready for you to check out at the desk.
1. Locate the item using the Library Search.
2. Under "Get It," sign in with your SMU ID and password
3. Click "Request Item for Pickup" and then "Request"
4. You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup.
If you cannot place a hold:
- Make sure you are logged in to your account, the request option will not show if you aren't logged in.
- Some items can't be placed on hold such as reference books, periodicals, course reserves and some movies.
- Guest patrons will not see a "Request Item for Pickup" option.